BOX STOCK RULES
* Briggs 206 Engines only, black slide required.
* 8- 13 years old. All Drivers must be approved by Speedway.
* All Box Stock Drivers should be prepared to present a copy of their birth certificate on registration day.
* An operational Raceciever is mandatory for all Drivers so they may receive direction from Officials when on the track.
Minor release is mandatory. A new release is needed for every race season.
* When a parent is not present at a race event, a notarized minor release form is required to allow the minor to participate or attend.
* Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times while in pit area. Parent/guardian is responsible for the actions of the child.
* Bike riding/playing in the pits is prohibited. Any parent/guardian or pit crew observed verbally or physically abusing other drivers
may result in a fine and/or loss of points for their driver. NO EXCEPTIONS
* Gasoline only in this class. Fuel must be purchased at the track. May use 91 Octane Gasoline or 110 Octane Race Gas. No Methanol,
E 85, Oxygenates, Fuel Enhancers or Additives of any type. No blending of fuel products. Fuel is a Tech item.
Minimum Weight of Kart and Driver is #268.
Open. Any brand tire ok. 33 compound or higher. Must pass durometer reading of 48 at any time.
* Spec. sealed Subaru EX27 Engines only. See Promoter or Dealer for specification. See Gen Rules for list of authorized Engine
Builders & Sealers.
* Subaru EX27 with a special Crank Snout/Exhaust System allowed.
* Sealed Engines may only be rebuilt by licensed dealers and then resealed.
NOTE: Dealers will be responsible for Engine being legal. Owners are responsible to make sure official seal is attached and untampered with. Broken Seals found prior to qualifying will result in penalty and that Engine will be marked and must be surrendered to Officials for inspection at the end of the race night.
* Must have stock timing. No key or keyway modifications.
* Factory spec Valve Springs only (subject to tech). Any doubt about these specifications, contact Gen Manager.
Changes that are allowed to the engine:
* You may run any Spark Plug that you like.
* You may change the Spark Plug Boot.
* You may run any Valve Lash that you desire.
* Modified Muffler OK. Must meet D.B. level.
Things that you may NOT do:
* No Valve Spring shims or altering of Valve Springs in any way.
* Must have stock timing. No key or keyway modifications. No altering of Coil Bolts or Mounting.
* Carburetor maximum Bore 1.029" (will be checked with no-go gauge, gauge cannot touch slide).
* No altering of Exhaust Header except installation of E.G.T.
* No altering of Flywheel.
* No altering of Intake Manifold. Manifold extensions are allowed. Extension may not protrude more than 1/4 inch into Manifold.
* No Manifold or Extension air leaks.
* All sealed Engines are subject to Tech at all times.
* Owner/Driver responsible for broken Seal issues. Broken Seals must be reported to Tech Inspector immediately.
* Engine may be held up to five days for inspection .
* $500 cash protest fee must accompany protest form for any engine protested.
* If Engine found illegal, the Engine will be returned unassembled & illegal parts confiscated. Protest fee returned minus insp. fees.
* If Engine found to be legal, protest fee will be forfeited to reassemble & seal the protested Engine.
PENALTIES AND DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS:
* Broken seal (air box) penalty
* Air leak penalty
* Header penalty
* Flywheel timing DQ
* Valve spring DQ
* Carburetor DQ
* Manifold DQ
A penalty means that you will not be allowed on the track for your next scheduled event, i.e., qualifying, heat, dash or main.
ENGINE EXCHANGE RULES:
Speedway alone reserves the right to exchange a house prepared Engine that has been verified and is in good running order, for any Engine on any specific kart or karts; for any reason, at any time during the race/event.
All items under the seal will be exchanged. This will be a permanent exchange. The selected Engine will be surrendered immediately upon request by Speedway. The house prepared Engine will then be marked and released by the Tech Official to be installed on the kart. The kart must continue the race night/event with that Engine only. The selected kart owner/driver will have five minutes from the time he or she receives the request to surrender the engine to comply or be disqualified.
No engine exchange of any other kind will be permitted. The exchanged engine will be inspected and upon approval will be placed back in circulation on the next exchange. Speedway reserves the right to make any variance to this rule.